About the course
The Online Master of Arts in Education with Special Education from Asian College of Teachers (ACT) aims to provide all aspirants with in-depth knowledge in the domain of education with a focus on special education. The course will make them adept in areas like designing 21st century classrooms, fostering digital literacy, curriculum development, academic management, educational assessment and evaluation.
This particular Master’s program offered by ACT is affiliated to the prestigious European International University (EIU-Paris) and emphasizes understanding the unique needs of individual learners in an inclusive classroom set up. This specialization will provide aspiring and working teachers a comprehensive idea about ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome and other Learning Disabilities and help deliver specially designed instruction and understand individualized education program (IEP). This Master’s program prepares educators to be effective inclusive or shadow teachers and explores the strategies and methods of special education that can be used by teachers in today’s classrooms.
Why this course?
- The MA in Education with Special Education from ACT is curated, developed and executed online by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, UK, and is affiliated to the European International University (EIU-Paris).
- The international program provides comprehensive knowledge on the 21st century teaching approaches with emphasis on inclusive teaching covering ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder), Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- The program acquaints the educators with various disabilities in kids and the type of additional support they require to kindle effective learning.
- One of the advantages of the course is the availability of the learning credit system
Who should attend?
The course is specifically beneficial for:
- Class teachers in inclusive classrooms
- Inclusive teachers
- Aspiring teachers
- Shadow teachers
- Advisors/counsellors in educational institutes
- Entrepreneurs with a creche or a day-care centre
What do you learn?
Foundation (10 credits)
- 1. Psychology and Characteristics of Learners
- 2. Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (30 credits)
- 1. Developing, Planning & Designing learning Environment
- 2. Digital literacy – 21st Century Classroom
- 3. Assessment & Evaluation in Education
- 4. Instructional Strategies
- 5. Behavioral Management – Social and Emotional Competence of Learners
- 6. Introduction to Education Research
Specializations (20 credits)
- 1. Learn about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- 2. Understanding Down Syndrome
- 3. Autism – Features, Identification and Support
- 4. Learning Disabilities – Identification and Instructional Approaches
Capstone Project (30 credits) - Choose 1
- 1. Prepare a paper on any one topic of by attending a one live online webinar from EBC – 5000 words
- 2. Attend any seminar in Education in your region and create a reflective paper on the same – 5000 words
- 3. Research Paper – ‘Building an Inclusive Classroom Environment’ – 5000 words
After this course
After this course, you can continue to be a regular teacher in an inclusive classroom and guide special needs students if you identify them in your classroom or opt to become successful shadow teachers. Many of those who pursue MA in education with Special Education opt for teaching in an inclusive classroom setting, but our Master’s degree can open up a variety of careers that is related to helping adults or children with special needs.
However, with an MA in education with Special Education, you can also carve different career paths. You can always find rewarding, meaningful careers outside of the school setting after earning your online MA in Education with Special Education. Whether you stay in the classroom or pursue other options, it is always a step forward to broaden your career prospects.
With a certification in the MA in Education with SEN program, you’ll get the opportunity to work as:
- Head Teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
- Advisor/ counsellor
The qualification/s and certificate/s will be a plus point for those who have opened or are willing to open day care facilities or crèche. With its global affiliation from the prestigious EIU-Paris. it is sure to benefit those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and aid in realizing their dream of a career abroad.
Course Duration:up to 1.5 years
Course Mode: Online
Fee:2750 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
1950 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
86,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
200,000 INR– If Paying in India
All fees include tax. Fees include all: Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma and transcript. Courier charges apply for dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from Europe. Please check with your admission adviser for more details. Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Cash at our Global Centers.
- All degrees will be conferred by The European International University (EIU– Paris).
- Students will also receive a Certificate of Completion from Asian College of Teachers (ACT).
- European International University is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of National Education, Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, in accordance to and in compliance with the French Education Act: Code de l’Education Articles L 444-1 to 444-11 and R 444-1 to 444-28.