About the course
Diploma in Special Education course throws light on the vital topics such as the involvement and role of parents in the supporting and guiding SEN children, insight into Down Syndrome and specific disabilities like the Asperger’s Syndrome, Fragile X and High Functioning Autism. The diploma level focuses on the crux of the matter relating to the field that is fast evolving, thus creating skyrocketing demands for skilled and qualified teaching professionals adept at handling diverse learners in inclusive settings. ACT’s specially designed courses apt for the needs of the 21st century educators are aimed at contemporary classrooms, that are becoming inclusive to accommodate leaners with special needs.
The Diploma level of the Special Education program aims at both working and aspiring educators, acquainting them with the comprehensive knowledge in ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities. The curriculum will provide you with a solid grounding in these areas. This is imperative for today’s teachers especially those associated with inclusive classrooms.
Why this course?
- The Special Education Courses from ACT are curated, developed and executed online by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, UK, and are approved by CPD Certification Service (UK), QAHE and portion of the program by CACHE (UK).
- ACT’s SEN (Learning Disabilities, ADHD and autism) program covers the overall learning disabilities in the classroom with focus on Learning Disabilities, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) and Autism.
- The program acquaints educators with the various disabilities in kids and the type of additional support they require to kindle effective learning.
Who should attend?
The course is specifically beneficial for:
- Class teachers in inclusive classrooms
- Inclusive teachers
- Aspiring teachers
- Shadow teachers
- Advisors/counsellors in educational institutes
- Budding entrepreneurs looking to open a creche or a day-care centre
What do you learn?
Diploma in Special Education (ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities)
Course Mode: Online + Live Online Sessions (Introduction to the course; 21st Century skills in inclusive teaching; Placements)
- ADHD Phase 1 : Understanding students
- ADHD Phase 2 : Diagnostic Process
- ADHD Phase 3 : Are they putting in the Effort?
- ADHD Phase 4 : ADHD and Brain Activation
- ADHD Phase 5 : ADHD and Activity Level
- ADHD Phase 6 : Role of Parents
- ADHD Phase 7 : Clinical Diagnosis of ADHD
- ADHD Phase 8 : Down Syndrome Autism
- Down Syndrome – Definition and History
- Identifying Down Syndrome in Children
- Causes and Complications of Down Syndrome
- Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- Inclusive Education for Children with Down Syndrome
- AUTISM Phase 1 : Meet Autistic Students
- AUTISM Phase 2 : Understand the common characteristics of HFA/AS
- AUTISM Phase 3 : Discover how your students think
- AUTISM Phase 4 : Nurture students' social skills
- AUTISM Phase 5 : Encourage language reciprocity
- AUTISM Phase 6 : Autism and Inclusive Education
- AUTISM Phase 7 : Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood
- AUTISM Phase 8 :
a. Asperger's Syndrome
b. Fragile X Syndrome
c. High Functioning Autism
- LD Phase 1 : Understanding Learning Disabilities
- LD Phase 2 : Identifying Students with LDs
- LD Phase 3 : Making sense of the IEPs
- LD Phase 4 : Understanding Service Locations
- LD Phase 5 : Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
- LD Phase 6 : Learning Strategies and Assessment Techniques for Students with Learning Disabilities
- LD Phase 7 : Dyslexia
- LD Phase 8 : Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
How do you learn?
- The program is conducted in an online learning mode
- Sessions include Introduction to the course, 21st Century skills in inclusive teaching & Placement
- Course accessible from any corner of the globe at any time
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued while maintaining your daily schedule
- Comprehensive study materials
- Our co-ordinators and tutors provide support and guidance throughout
- Assignments at the end of each module
- Support team is there to clear your doubts and queries
After this course
Several avenues open up after you’ve successfully completed this professional diploma level course on Special Education. You’ll become eligible to apply for several positions in schools and institutions on a global level as being certified in the program is sure to open up many new and exciting doors of opportunities regarding your professional teaching career. Any of the level you choose will impart knowledge that is at par with the international level while lending expertise to keep you one step ahead in the expanding field of SEN teaching. With a certification in the SEN program, you’ll get the opportunity to work as:
- Teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- Special education curriculum developer
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
- Advisor/ counsellor
- Budding entrepreneur
The qualification/s and certificate/s will be a plus point for those who have opened or are willing to open day care facilities or crèche. Being a globally recognised program, it’s sure to benefit those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and aid in realizing your dream of teaching abroad.
Course Duration: 8 months
Fee: 35,000 INR
- The candidates will receive a globally recognized certificate from Asian College of Teachers, UK
- All ACT courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- ACT SEN courses are certified by CPD Certification Service UK
- Most of our Special Education courses are endorsed and accredited by CACHE which is a part of the famous UK based NCFE.
- All ACT courses are endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
- Asian College of Teachers is a member of The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET)
- ACT is an institutional member of the International Association of Special Education (IASE)