About the course
The development of skills in the field of special education is fast becoming a mandatory for working or aspiring teaching professionals and to assist and design special educational arrangements for learners with disabilities. To aid you in getting a grip on the nitty-gritty of the field, ACT has come up with specially designed courses apt for the needs of the 21st century educators. Contemporary classrooms are gradually acquiring a more inclusive approach to accommodate SEN leaners. Therefore, to be able to handle and mentor such learners, a knowledge base in ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities will provide you with a solid base in becoming an effective educator.
The Certificate level of the Special Education program aims at acquainting you with the fundamentals of ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities, and enables you to understand the unique needs of individual learners better and design your lessons accordingly. This is imperative for today’s teachers especially those associated with inclusive classrooms.
Why this course?
- The Special Education Courses from ACT are curated, developed and executed online by Asian College of Teachers Ltd, UK, and are approved by CPD Certification Service UK, QAHE and portion of the program by CACHE (UK).
- ACT’s SEN (Learning Disabilities, ADHD and autism) program covers the overall learning disabilities in the classroom with focus on Learning Disabilities, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) and Autism.
- The program acquaints educators with the various disabilities in kids and the type of additional support they require to kindle effective learning.
Who should attend?
The course is specifically beneficial for:
- Class teachers in inclusive classrooms
- Inclusive teachers
- Aspiring teachers
- Shadow teachers
- Advisors/counsellors in educational institutes
- Budding entrepreneurs looking to open a creche or a day-care centre
What do you learn?
Certificate in Special Education (ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities)
- ADHD Phase 1: Understanding students
- ADHD Phase 2 : Diagnostic Process
- ADHD Phase 3 : Are they putting in the Effort?
- ADHD Phase 4 : ADHD and Brain Activation
- ADHD Phase 5 : ADHD and Activity Level
- AUTISM Phase 1 :Meet Autistic Students
- AUTISM Phase 2 :Understand the common characteristics of HFA/AS
- AUTISM Phase 3 :Discover how your students think
- AUTISM Phase 4 :Nurture students' social skills
- AUTISM Phase 5 :Encourage language reciprocity
- LD Phase 1 :Understanding Learning Disabilities
- LD Phase 2 :Identifying Students with LDs
- LD Phase 3 :Making sense of the IEPs
- LD Phase 4 :Understanding Service Locations
- LD Phase 5 :Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
How do you learn?
- The program is conducted in an online learning mode
- Sessions include Introduction to the course, 21st Century skills in inclusive teaching & Placement
- Course accessible from any corner of the globe at any time
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued while maintaining your daily schedule
- Comprehensive study materials
- Our co-ordinators and tutors provide support and guidance throughout
- Assignments at the end of each module
- Support team is there to clear your doubts and queries
After this course
After you have successfully completed this professional certificate level course in Special Education, you’ll be able to apply for several positions in institutions around the world as the program opens up many new and exciting doors of opportunities regarding your professional teaching career. Any of the level you choose will impart upgraded knowledge and lend expertise to keep you one step ahead in the competitive field of teaching.
With a certification in the SEN program, you’ll get the opportunity to work as:
- Teacher in an inclusive classroom
- Shadow teacher
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
- Advisor/ counsellor
- Budding entrepreneur
The qualification/s and certificate/s will be a plus point for those who have opened or are willing to open day care facilities or crèche. As this program is globally recognized, it is sure to benefit those looking for employment opportunities across the globe and aid in realizing your dream of teaching abroad.
Course Duration: 4 months
Course Mode: Online
Fee: 18,000 INR
- The candidates will receive a globally recognized certificate from Asian College of Teachers, UK
- All ACT courses are accredited by International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE)
- ACT SEN courses are certified by CPD Certification Service UK
- Most of our Special Education courses are endorsed and accredited by CACHE which is a part of the famous UK based NCFE.
- Asian College of Teachers is a member of The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET)
- ACT is an institutional member of the International Association of Special Education (IASE)