About the course
The Bachelor of Education in Special Educational Needs program is an online B.Ed. program offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) affiliated to the prestigious European International University (EIU). This professional B.Ed. course is apt for those seeking to be a part of the global inclusive classroom. The program comprises topics that provide a detailed study of various kinds of special educational needs, which prepares you in developing your overall knowledge, skills, techniques and confidence of teaching students in inclusive classrooms globally.
The advanced online program aims to provide aspirants with a solid grounding and sound knowledge in identification of special educational needs and inclusive teaching and preparing them for diverse roles in inclusive settings comprising diverse learners. The course covers areas like ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome and Learning Disabilities and imparts training in specially designed instructions and Individualized Education Program (IEP).The degree is awarded by European International University (EIU-Paris) which will lend a global edge to your teaching career making this course apt for both teaching aspirants and working teaching professionals.
Why this course?
The advanced online program has the following advantages:
- The degree awarded by European International University (EIU-Paris) will lend a global edge to the teaching career of the trainees
- Gaining complete knowledge in handling learners in inclusive settings
- Understanding students with ADHD and Autism and identification of respective symptoms
- Learning to identify Down Syndrome and various learning disabilities along with its causes and complications
- Gaining a fundamental knowledge in Asperger’s Syndrome; Fragile X Syndrome; High Functioning Autism
Who should attend?
Admission to the B.Ed. in SEN is open to students from all disciplines.
Following are the requirements of the course: -
- High School Diploma
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in any field or equivalent level
- Life Experience and prior learning credits are available
- English Level – IELTS Level 5.0 or High School study of all subjects in English or at least 55% marks in English in your High School is desired
- Knowledge of Internet and browsing, MS Word and Online Research Skill is desired
What do you learn?
Bachelor of Education in Special Educational Needs
Curriculum and Credits
- 1. English
- 2. Communication Strategies
- 3. Digital Literacy
- 4. Becoming a better learner
- 5. Critical Thinking
- 6. Research Skills & Conducting Accurate Internet Research
Core (50 credits)
- 1. Foundations of Education
- 2. Instructional Methods
- 3. Measurement, Assessment and Evaluation in Education
- 4. Professional Ethics in Education
- 5. Educational Technology
- 6. Issues and Trends in Special Education
- 7. Psychology of Learning
- 8. Research Methods in Education
- 9. Introduction to Counselling
- 10. Approaches to Classroom Management
Specializations (40 credits)
Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- 1. Understanding students
- 2. Diagnostic Process
- 3. Are they putting in the Effort?
- 4. ADHD and Brain Activation
- 5. ADHD and Activity Level
Impact of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- 1. Attention and ADHD
- 2. The Emotional Impact of ADHD
- 3. Memory
- 4. Problem-Solving for Academic Performance
Understanding Down Syndrome
- 1. Down Syndrome – Definition and History
- 2. Identifying Down Syndrome in Children
- 3. Causes and Complications of Down Syndrome
- 4. Teaching Children with Down Syndrome
- 5. Inclusive Education for Children with Down Syndrome
Autism – Features, Identification and Support
- 1. Meet Autistic Students
- 2. Understand the common characteristics of HFA/AS
- 3. Discover how your students think
- 4. Nurture students' social skills
Autism – A Closer Look
- 1. Encourage language reciprocity
- 2. Autism and Inclusive Education
- 3. Transition from Adolescence to Adulthood
- 4. Asperger's Syndrome; Fragile X Syndrome; High Functioning Autism
Learning Disabilities – Identification and Instructional Approaches
- 1.Understanding Learning Disabilities
- 2. Identifying Students with LDs
- 3. Making sense of the IEPs
- 4. Understanding Service Locations
Learning Disabilities – Helping your learners with LD
- Learning the Right Teaching Strategies
- 2. Learning Strategies and Assessment Techniques for Students with LD
- 3. Dyslexia
- 4. Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia
Learning Disabilities – A Deeper Look into Varied Disorders
- 1. Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- 2. Language Processing Disorder
- 3. Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit
- 4. Dyspraxia
How do you learn?
- The program is conducted in an online learning mode
- Course accessible from any corner of the globe at any time
- Being an online program, the course can be pursued while maintaining your daily schedule
- Advanced study materials at par with global standards
- Our coordinators and tutors provide support and guidance throughout
- Support team is there to clear your doubts and queries
After this course
Earning a Bachelor of Education in Special Educational Needs (B.Ed. in SEN) degree can empower you in making a difference in the lives of your learners. In addition to teaching, the degree leads to several other sought-after careers that can help you fulfil your passion of teaching. Many of those who pursue B.Ed. in Special Education Needs opt for teaching in varied inclusive settings.
You can also choose to be:
- Inclusive teacher
- Shadow teacher
- Work in organizations providing training, services or advocacy for individuals with disabilities
- Special education curriculum developer
- Teacher-in-charge in inclusive settings
Here, we present different payment options available. Payments can be made via Online Bank Transfer, Credit Card, PayPal or Cash at our Global Centers.
2750 USD – If Paying from USA or paying in USD
1950 GBP – If Paying from UK or EU
86,000 Thai Baht – If Paying in Asia
200,000 INR– If Paying in India
All fees include tax. Fees include all: Program of study, LMS access, study guide, evaluation and assessment, diploma and transcript. Courier charges apply for Diploma and Transcript dispatch to your country. Certificate Notary and Apostille charges are separate from Europe. Please check with your admission adviser for more details.
Degree and Transcript are issued by The European International University, Paris and a program participation certification is given by Asian College of Teachers.
Asian College of Teachers offers tuition scholarships and financial aid for its online learning degree programs. The tuition scholarship fund for distance learning degree programs will be granted depending on the policy and the Dean’s office from time to time. Upon request, ACT may offer you: Academic Scholarship, Athletic Scholarship, Creative Scholarships and Community Service Scholarship.
Once students register for a course, they are responsible for dropping any course they decide not to attend.
- Once you have enrolled in the program and you wish to immediately pull out before any access has been granted - 50% of the tuition fee will be refunded
- No refund for students who have received course access and have already started off with the program from ACT
- Read all Terms and Conditions before making payments
- Processing of refunds make take up to 3 months